[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Paludarium (FAO Den)
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Paludarium (FAO Den)

Fancy telling us about ways you have saved money by doing it yourself or want advice on a future project.

Re: Paludarium (FAO Den)

Postby andy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:38 am

andy

Postby Big Den » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Grout is only semi adhesive Andy so I don't think what you list will stick to it, and I sealed mine once it was dry, with the G4. The tile grout I used was a 'Wickes' own brand of grey floor tile grout. They say its okay for swimming pools so would stand up to constant water.
I am not sure if, being cement based, it will be okay to use without being sealed.
Big Den

Postby andy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:49 pm

The reason i asked Den is that i have heard of people using the same in the past. I suppose i can use the grout, G4 it then add the soil, sand etc on the last G4 coat.

Waddayafink ?
andy

Postby Big Den » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Sounds like a plan mate, that would work.
Big Den

Postby andy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Just wondering whether to contact Matt Clarke, editor at Practical Fishkeeping to see if they'd like to do an article on building this ???
andy

Postby Anita » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Big Den » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:59 am

It would be nice if the forum gets a mention Andy. I had a mention in their mag a couple of months ago, in an article on feeding piranha's; that's my claim to fame anyway :ok:
Big Den

Postby jimpunker » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Did this ever happen? I'd be really interested to see it if it did as I was thinking of doing something similar when I have more experience with tanks.
jimpunker

Previous

Return to DIY Projects