[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Creating a water tight seal
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Creating a water tight seal

Fancy telling us about ways you have saved money by doing it yourself or want advice on a future project.

Creating a water tight seal

Postby Getthejist » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Hey guys I was wondering is there anything that you can use which isnt silicone? And is there anything which dries/hardens in faster than 24 hours.
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Re: Creating a water tight seal

Postby Jack Middleton » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

To seal what? Super glue dries more or less instantly.
Jack Middleton

Postby Getthejist » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:48 pm

is it aquarium safe? and how long does it last?
Getthejist

Postby Mick » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:18 am

What are you planning on sealing?

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Getthejist » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:49 pm

its a diy thing that im doing but i cant get the silicone out of the tube for some reason? It is a small plastic watertight tub which i am running one tube into this is for a treatment tank thing because i dont want to touch the diseased water and spread the disease non of my fish actually have a disease right now but i wanted to make it
Getthejist

Postby Mick » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:58 am

Super glue should be fine for that :thu:

Mick

Postby Getthejist » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:12 pm

how long would it last, also is it unsafe for use in aquariums
Getthejist

Postby Mick » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:28 pm

I used superglue to attach corals to my reef so perfectly safe to use as long as you don't get the cheap and nasty stuff from the pound shops :-):

Mick

Postby Getthejist » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:49 pm

which brand do you buy because i know nothing about glue. I know that sounds kind of weird lol also ive heard about this gorilla glue stuff has anybody used it before
Getthejist

Postby Mick » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:37 am

Never heard of that one, a top brand will cost you 2-3 pounds but is worth the money.

Mick

Return to DIY Projects