[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Will it support the water holding in tall tank?
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Will it support the water holding in tall tank?

Fancy telling us about ways you have saved money by doing it yourself or want advice on a future project.

Will it support the water holding in tall tank?

Postby Gobblegrrr » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:26 am

I was wonder out of my mind and wanting to have custom built but I was wonder will the glass hold the tank my wishes size the tank, I've wrote down what I want the tank to be but want to know if it will hold the water?? :blus:
Tank Width: 3.5
The width of an aquarium is the distance across the front.

Tank Height: 3 ft
The height of an aquarium is the distance from top to bottom.

Tank Depth: 2 ft
The depth of an aquarium is the distance from front to back.
Gobblegrrr

Re: Will it support the water holding in tall tank?

Postby POS_miniracer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 am

Seems to me the glass would have to be really thick to hold against that kind of pressure.

You should also consider that a tank with those dimensions would be a real pain in the butt to keep up after. How would you reach the bottom?
POS_miniracer

Postby Gobblegrrr » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:39 am

I'm thinking about having nothing just moss ball and giant hose
Gobblegrrr

Postby Gobblegrrr » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:47 am

Just checking out see how many water it hold and first think come in my mind saying forget that!!! Thinking about doing 3 foot tall 3.5 foot wide and 2 foot d lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gobblegrrr

Postby Gobblegrrr » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:01 am

[img][/img] here my babies I've currently have 3 different tank lol love to keep breeding mollies and currently having new guppies as well
Gobblegrrr

Postby superdart » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:50 am

10mm glass all around and possibly doubled on the base,braceing 10mm x 50mm end to end 50mm down from the top and maybe a 80mm wide brace from front to back in the middle top ...
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:58 pm

I know people who have 3ft high and wide tanks, they manage with substrate so long as you keep the cabinet on the lower side.
Making your own tank is no easy fix though and you do need to brace it off properly and its usually better to have more than one top brace. Maybe you could try a smaller tank to see how you get on before tackling the larger tank.
If you do decide to build one you will have to take pictures as you go to let us see your progress with it from beginning to end.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to DIY Projects