[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Axolotls - Follow the Eggs, Hatchlings and Juveniles
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Axolotls - Follow the Eggs, Hatchlings and Juveniles

These poor little critters often get forgotten about.

Re: Axolotls - Follow the Eggs, Hatchlings and Juveniles

Postby Mick » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:14 pm

I just find it amazing how quickly they develop

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Bye Bye Axolotls

Postby gordonuk » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 pm

I have sold the final 2 axolotls, it was the twins that have gone now as shown on images below. I now have 3 left which I am keeping, two of which I think are males as they have the swollen area between the legs and one female.

http://virtualhunterston.smugmug.com/An ... 856_Jm42dd

Here is a photo history of the Twins

http://virtualhunterston.smugmug.com/An ... 141_4jShsG
gordonuk

Postby Rubyfox » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi Gordon, thank for the link to the forum. I am so sad I missed buying one of your beauties. I am enjoying raising my own from eggs at the moment but only started with 20 eggs abd new to this so not sure how many will survive. Even though I have read tons of info I think it is experience that helps the most so any advice will be gladly welcome.
Thanks Julie
Rubyfox

Postby gordonuk » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:17 am

I have created a book detailing the 8 month adventure of the axolotls. If you would like a copy visit
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2864911
gordonuk

Re: Axolotls - Follow the Eggs, Hatching and Juveniles

Postby shella » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:44 pm

thank you so much
i have just bought 25 eggs frome ebay and am learning as i go but i have to say that this thread is the best i have read so far for information. you tell it as it is and i have decided to go with the fish tank and sand and a small filter. as you stated in all the info have read it states to not to use filters or air pumps. as you said it is all about your experience and so long as the Axolotls are happy and healthy go with what is best for you. hope that made sense

shella
shella

Previous

Return to Snails, Invertebrates and Amphibians