[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Graeme's Fish
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Graeme's Fish

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Graeme's Fish

Postby Graeme » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:14 pm

I’ve been meaning to start a Journal for ages now but kept putting it off. So to quote a wise person “just jump in lol”, here it is!
Probably one of the best pictures of the tank is here:
It doesn’t look half as good now so I’ll just tell you about the fish instead.
Last edited by Graeme on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Re: Graeme's Fish

Postby Graeme » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:34 pm

This is Sally the Red Capped Fantail. She was a founder member back in March of this year and has grown to about 6”. We thought we would lose her when she swallowed an Otto Catfish which then wriggled its way out from under her gill cover!

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:54 pm

Sounds like a wise person who told you to just jump in lol.

Great start to your journal Graeme with some gorgeous pictures as always.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby POS_miniracer » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:12 pm

I've never been one to be too impressed with goldfish (just never been my thing) but I have to say Graeme, you take one heck of a nice photo. I think you've gotten about a 3rd of my votes in the POTM contests since you started posting. Really nice shots, keep 'em coming.
POS_miniracer

Postby Graeme » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:28 am

Well that's very nice of you to say so! I only did Goldfish because I thought it would be easier than doing a tropical tank. But I really enjoy taking pictures of them, their expressions are quite funny at times! Thanks for the votes, I'll see what I can do for the October competition!
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Graeme » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:01 pm

My second founder member, Chris the Ranchu. Distinctive for not having a dorsal fin and famous for eating one of the Ottos and nearly getting away with it! But it got stuck in his throat and I had to net him and pull the Otto out!

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Graeme » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:28 pm

George the Black Moore was also a founder member and also a POTM entry. He's the wife's favorite so that's why he's called George! He likes to make clicking noises with air bubbles on the surface of the water!

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:31 pm

You really do have a gift for taking pics of the fish, its enough to get more people wanting to set up a coldwater tank.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Graeme » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:15 am

Cheers! Thing is if you take 100 pictures you're bound to get a couple of good ones. The 4 bigger fish usually come to the front of the tank when you go near them so they're not too tricky to photograph. The smaller ones flit about and hide a lot more.
Last edited by Graeme on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Anita » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:31 am

Great pictures :-):
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Next

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals