[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Ross T's Tank's.....
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Ross T's Tank's.....

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Ross T's Tank's.....

Postby Mick » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:39 pm

What can I say, beautiful discus

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby rosst » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks, Mick.
>> I'm just hoping they get more peaceful, with maturity! ......

(Click on link for Vid); http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXV2gDFy58c
rosst

Postby crazywife » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:23 pm

Nice pics. Your tanks look really good. You sounds like us with tanks everywhere. Keep up the great work!!
crazywife

Postby Anita » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:54 pm

Its about time mine were thinking of love lol

Mick

Postby malakye » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Stunning looking fish.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:39 am

Ross what are your views on keeping discus and angels together. When I started out with discus in the late 70's it was a big no,no and if you dared suggest it you would be ridiculed by the top blokes. Nowadays more keepers are trying this but I still have it in the back of my head what I was taught fron the early days, have you ever considered it?

Mick

Postby rosst » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm

RE; Angels? ,
Mick, I actually used to keep Angels and Discus about 8 years ago, after seeing them in many Shop display tanks together...........but after about a year together, the Discus got ill and left me with the Angels......An 'expert' at my local LFS reckoned that the Angel-excretions cause diseases to Discus and therefore they are unsuitable mates....

> I have seen various Youtube clips with a few Angels in Discus set-up's, but I'm never risking it again......+ The Angels I have are regular spawners, so the distress from the inevitable chasing would be too much.

( I would love to get some True Altum Angel's one day........ these are often in similar waters in the wild, but again, would it be a risk (?)
rosst

Postby Mick » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:11 pm

I bought 6 true Altums and they bred like mad, would like to track down some Leopoldis

Mick

Postby Anita » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:18 pm

I wouldn't keep the 2 together either, although I know a guy that's done so for years.
Another problem I've heard is that the angels out compete the discus at feeding time and the discus go without.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals