[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Ross T's Tank's.....
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Ross T's Tank's.....

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Ross T's Tank's.....

Postby Anita » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Just a thought if you feed Prima, get it off ebay.
I paid about £10-£11 last time for 600grams (enough to fill a large tub twice).
Normally comes in a bag, so I re-seal what won't go in the tub and keep it in a cool dark place.
Works out a lot cheaper and I'm a great believer in saving a few pennies when I can :winkin
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby rosst » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Good tip - if it is definately TetraPrima I'll take a look....... you never know with some e-bay items!
rosst

Postby Mick » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:25 pm

I do the same thing, saves me a fortune on the food.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby malakye » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:44 pm

I have seen it on ebay but was alway dubious about it actually being Prima.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:53 pm

As Anita posted, you have to read carefully as there are some copies of the food out there.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby rosst » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:03 pm

I added some more Sand (carefully and gradually, using a Funnel + Plastic Jug) and when I was finished I took some more Pic's...... :-):

Gang, thinking they are about to be fed!!.........

Happy couple;

It cleared away quickly - cloudy for about 10mins......

One of the Sterbai Cories in plants....
rosst

Postby malakye » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:23 pm

Looks great Ross. Your tank and fish are lovely.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Anita » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Good to see you've added a bit more sand, with a very shallow bed plants have difficulty staying anchored.
30deg limits the plants one can grow - the heat can literary melt some species.
The trick is to keep trying and make a note of plants that have failed or melted that way you don't buy them again.
Your tank is looking good :winkin
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby rosst » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:13 am

Many thanks ... I was wanting them to stay in-place, so instead of putting in lead weights - I added more sand to keep them anchored...... none have came out so far.
rosst

Postby rosst » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:57 am

Well, I spent Sunday afternoon having a plant trimming and re-arranged the wood a little, as my Male Pigeon Blood was chasing the big Male Blue Diamond (after his return to the main tank!) .......... I removed the PB for 45 mins. - whilst changing things around a bit and so far there is now a mutual stand-off, with the BD becoming more confident again. ....the Male Blue Diamond used to be the dominant one (2 months ago), making me having to remove him for a week and re-arrange the 'furniture' also back then......... I guess the Female Red Turq is the object of desire for both; Fish, eh!

Tested some settings on Camera afterwards....

rosst

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals