[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Ross T's Tank's.....
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Ross T's Tank's.....

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Ross T's Tank's.....

Postby rosst » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:01 am

The Congo Tetras are developing well and I have a female scattering eggs now, with 5 Males close by to gobble them up........I am considering setting up (another) breeding tank, with a marble substrate - to allow the eggs to drop in-between and I'll remove the parents soon after the spawn.

Male (they are very quick and hard to capture);

Female, soon after egg-scattering;

She was very fat about an hour before this picture;
rosst

Postby rosst » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Nov 12th; .... I have now set up the 6th Tank in our household, with a marble-substrated Congo Tetra 'Breeding Den'.
The water is soft (6.2) and warm (84 F) with black 2cm glass marbles forming two-layers....... Blackwater Extract is added and I am checking to see if the Female has thinned out regularly/scattered eggs; I will remove the Parents as soon as I notice a change in her shape.......then try to raise the fry on newly hatched Brine Shrimp.

+ I managed to get a proven Adult Pair of Red Turq Discus with Fry, from a local Keeper who had ran out of Tank space......over the moon with them!

......I have also decided to increase my Younger Discus Stock and have ordered some from Francis at Chen's Discus, on his next monthly trip to Edinburgh; dropping them off. Below are the ones I have ordered;

2 Ring Leopards;

2 Red Turq's;

Tiger Turq;

rosst

Postby rosst » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Red Turq Pair; (Pic taken by the former owner)

rosst

Postby Mick » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 pm

I loved my leopard discus, it had fantastic markings

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby rosst » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:47 pm

..I could not resist!! - they are similar to these;

rosst

Postby rosst » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:23 am

.....I have 14 Young Red Turq Discus now in their own 120L set-up (with a few BN Plec's)..........they are feeding on Live Baby Brineshrimp, Frozen Brineshrimp Baby Formula, Mini Prima and Micro Worms..... They are approximately 8 weeks old and I bought them from the former owner of my new Red Turq Pair, which have just laid 300-400 eggs on Sunday 15th Nov.

; The Tank lights were off when I took these Pic's, as they were just settling in;

Parents;

rosst

Postby rosst » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:19 pm

Nov.21st 09......New Discus arrived from Chen's, Harrow, London. They always take time to settle and get used to the new surroundings, so I had the lights off for the first 8 hours, then they slept..... the next day I waited until they had become used to the new Tankmates and took some pictures.........I removed the bigger Red-Melon and the Medium sized Blue-Diamond to another breeding set-up as they were the 'chasers'.

All seem in harmony at the moment, but no doubt it may change if they 'pair-up', or a dominant one gets territorial.

rosst

Postby rosst » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:32 pm

The mature Red Turq Pair have laid another batch of eggs, I managed to sneak a few Pic's in subdued lighting (spotlamp);

First Five Pic's show them...Too many Pixels to fit as larger image: http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj22 ... ds/Discus/
rosst

Postby malakye » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Well done on the new additions and the eggs Ross.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:30 pm

You must be well chuffed Ross!

Congratulations.
Graeme
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals