[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Konstargirl tank/tanks blog
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Konstargirl tank/tanks blog

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Konstargirl tank/tanks blog

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:50 pm

I used to regularly feed earthworms to my severums, convicts and rainbows.
The fish you have wouldnt be able to eat up an earthworm. Platies and Corydoras have very small mouths with no teeth...so be careful about pieces of earthworms left at the bottom of the tank.
If left there, this could easily pollute your tank water.
NightwishRaven999

Postby konstargirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:14 am

Don't worry. I took the worm out after a few mins. I chopped it up into small pleaces and Sandy ate 2 pieces of the worm. lol
[color="#A0522D"]^[/color]
konstargirl

Postby konstargirl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

4/23/10

Wednesday a baby fry died when I came home from the store. :( It was eating for at least a couple days on the bottom of the nursery and then soon died. I think it had stomach problems because of that and it look prefectly healthy. all of the other fry looks fine and are doing well.
konstargirl

Postby konstargirl » Sun May 02, 2010 12:30 am

5/1/10
Hi guys. Call me crazy but I saw Angel fish eggs at my local petsotre today when I drop off the fry. Some of the eggs were clear and some were white.( I don't know if they are dead or alive.) I said to myself, they musr really take of there fish well) IT was a cool thing to see to me and I never saw eggs upclose like that and they were huge. The angels were housed in a 125 gallon with several neons and some tiny juvi plecos and I beleive some shrimp( not sure what kind though but it was brown).. I bet those fish were not for sell becuase of that.

And I finally saw my favorite freshwater fish too. The pearl Gourami. There were some males and a female. I haven't seen one up close in almost 10 years. I was wondering if they can be in 10 gallons just by them selves if I didn't have any fish in it with alot of floating artificial or plants I hear somewhere that they can and cannot.
konstargirl

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:53 am

Hello Olivia

Angels regularly spawn, even in pet shops. They will sometimes do this against the back of the tank, on plant leaves or on the filter tube. When eggs are white it means they are fungused (dead).
The parents do a very good job at fanning the eggs, but fungus will inevitably contaminate a few of them.

In some cases the parents will eat the fungused eggs to keep this from spreading to the other healthy eggs. Cichlids are great parents.

As for the Pearl gouramis, its a big no no.
Pearl gouramis take up a lot of space and can grow to 12 cm.
They shouldnt be kept in anything smaller than a 30 gallon. They are also not the hardiest fish...much too fragile to survive the constant water changes that would have to be undertaken to keep one in a 10 gallon tank.

Even a 30 gallon tank is small for these fish.
I used to keep mine in a 35 gallon but decided to move it to my 75 gallon. They are highly active and require lots of open swimming space and heavily planted/shady areas.

That is definetly not the fish you want to keep in a 10 gallon tank.
I understand this your favorite fish, but you should wait until you have a bigger tank and a little more experience before trying them out. They are not exactly the hardiest fish on the market...
NightwishRaven999

Postby konstargirl » Sun May 02, 2010 1:07 am

Aw!! Okay then. My dad used to have one though. I think it was 30 gallons, I don't know. It wasm uch larger than the 10 gallon thats for sure. ><

It was interesting to see angel fish eggs though.
konstargirl

Postby malakye » Sun May 02, 2010 10:41 am

As Jordan said the pearls would be too large for your tank hun. You will just have to start saving for a larger tank or start dropping hints to your parents that you want a larger tank for christmas lol.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby konstargirl » Mon May 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Aww!! Okay then.

5/24/10

Hi guys. Yesterday when I got home from Petsmart to get more fry food and a tank divider( Yes I got one today because I couldn't stand it with hyper and pearl chasing Kara and agression.) and I notice that Gary was gone. I haven't seen him for a few days and I was wondering where he was. Sure enough he was in the back of the tank in his shell. I do not know how long he was back there, but luckily he was still alive. Has anyone experience something like this before? I put in the tank divider in so that he won't get to the other side and preventing for him to escape.

This sin't the first time he done this. The first time I caught him was he was beside the aquarium on the floor. :P
konstargirl

Postby Graeme » Tue May 25, 2010 7:22 am

Maybe he just likes to get away from it all one in a while!

Sounds like you need a tighter fitting lid. Could you find a way of blocking the hole he gets out of?
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby konstargirl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:47 am

Well I put a piece of cardboard where it's not secure. So hopefully he doesn't try to pull it out that silly snail. lol
konstargirl

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals