[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Mick's tank re-vamp
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Mick's tank re-vamp

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Mick's tank re-vamp

Postby chrishannah » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

how many do you think would fit in a 25 gallon tank? because when i get the money i fancy a bit of aquascaping haha.
chrishannah

Postby Mick » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:13 am

Add a group and over filter the tank, you will lose a lot of water volume with the rocks etc.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Mick » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:26 pm

Time for another update, all fish are doing well, one of my externals packed up and I was a bit concerned about the effect on the tank but the parameters are holding with running the other one so gonna see if it will run long term on one external.
I now have three batches of fry in the tank from the Tropheus all at different stages of growth and my male Peacocks are now taking an interest in their females :daz:
The yellow Labs are doing well and growing steadily so looking good.!!

Mick

Postby tropical86 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:09 am

good to here about the labs mick i just got my 6th tank the other day 4ft bow front its smart i have 2 ghost knifes and 3 7" chinese algea eaters and 2 common plecos and the silver bircher and thats it for now i am trying to get hold of a jaguar catfish to go in there
tropical86

Postby Mick » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:42 pm

I'll sell you some yellow labs when they breed :lolflag

They are looking great Neil, the colour is really come through now and they have no hesitation taking food away from the larger tank inhabitants

Mick

Postby Mick » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:56 pm

Checked the tank out this morning and found yet another three Tropheus fry, they are very small so I am guessing that the mother spat them out last night. My original group has now trebled in numbers, gonna have to thin them out soon :-):

Mick

Postby POS_miniracer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Nice work Mick. Congrats on all the fry.
POS_miniracer

Postby vinboy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 pm

These mbunas do love to eat and breed what a life :-):
vinboy

Postby Mick » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Trouble is brewing in my little fishy world :-):
One of my sub dominant males has coloured up and a couple of the females seem to be spending a lot of time with him. This has really made my dominant male mardy so could be a few squabbles soon. The younger male will get moved if it gets out of hand as I have a soft spot for my largest male.

The good news is I definately have a male yellow lab as he has coloured up excellently and shows all the markings, he has grown quite quickly but still way too young to start his harem off :-):

Mick

Postby malakye » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Sound like your in for some fun Mick lol. Where are the pictures?
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals