[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - My large scale fish tank shuffle
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My large scale fish tank shuffle

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: My large scale fish tank shuffle

Postby POS_miniracer » Sun May 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Well I am having some trouble with one of my original adult Africans. When I removed the Pleco and added the Salvini to the 55G tank he was in he started to get bullied so I moved him into the new 75G and he was okay for a couple days and then seemed to actually take over about a 3rd of the tank but now is on the defensive again. His biggest bully appears to be a Yellow Lab about half his size. If he can hang in there a couple more days he’s one of the four I plan to trade in later this week.

As for the babies I’m sure the other tank mates will get to them eventually. If I had known that little guy was a male I never would have put him in there in the first place but he didn’t look like a male until he was in with the girls and like a lot of them did he seemed to grow and mature a bit as if it happened overnight.

As for the Plec in the 90G that was a stupid oversight on my part so I’m kind of bummed that it happened.

As for the 95G wave I’m still holding out hope that I find something larger to replace it with before I have to set it up as it’ll save me doing another swap six months from now. But at the rate they’ve started to grow at this point I may just have to bite the bullet and go ahead and set it up. All the SA/CA have hit a huge growth spurt so it won’t be long before I need to trade some off anyway.

I can’t seem to find my battery charger for my camera but should have that sorted in the next day or two and will add more photo’s and video’s then.
POS_miniracer

Postby POS_miniracer » Tue May 11, 2010 7:26 pm

I’ve split of the 55G in my bedroom and removed all the SA/CA cichlids from there and moved them into the newly set up 55G that holds the juvenile SA/CA leaving only the original Africans in the bedroom. I also moved the one I had moved to the new 75G back in with his original tank mates in the 55G in the bedroom. I ended up putting the female Firemouth back in with her mate in the 35G Hex but he went to bullying her right away so I pulled her back out of there and put her in the 56G tank which now housed all of her original tank mates from the 40G/55G she was in and she’s doing very well in there. Actually she’s out and about more than ever.

Here’s the new 75G African tank as it stands now.

The 56G SA/CA tank as it stands

And the 55G SA/CA tank as it stands.
POS_miniracer

Postby POS_miniracer » Wed May 19, 2010 7:32 am

I added one each Rubber lipped and High fin pleco's to the new 75G and old 55G African tanks today.
Also took these clips of the 56G. Two of those Severums will be going off to my Dad's over labor day weekend.

POS_miniracer

Postby Anita » Wed May 19, 2010 8:35 am

The tanks all look nice and I enjoyed the videos :)
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Wed May 19, 2010 6:25 pm

I agree with Anita, the tanks look good and watchng this project develop is definitely interesting

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby POS_miniracer » Wed May 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks guys. I really blew it by not taking out those Convict eggs when I first saw them though. That little girl has claimed about a fourth of that tank now. I've tried to gravel vac them out of there but the gravel that came in that tank has a variety of sizes some of which are large enough to hide between pretty well. Near as I can tell there's about a dozen left in there that I haven't been able to get to yet.
POS_miniracer

Postby malakye » Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am

Looks great Tom, you have come so far in such a relatively short time frame. Well done hun your fish are a credit to you.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby POS_miniracer » Sun May 23, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks Candise. I had a lot of good help along the way.

I did lose the male Firemouth that I moved from the one 55G to the other though.
Not sure if he was wounded first or developed wounds from an illness or infection of some type but he eventually started breathing heavy at the bottom, so after a few days of that I put him out of his misery. I think I had him over a year now. He was one of the one’s I went to look at that were advertised as African zebra cichlids and ended up being a tank load of Convicts with a few Firemouth’s and what I think is a Jewel that I still have. He’s the one that had the hole in his gill plate about the diameter of a pencil when I first got him but was steadily shrinking and was nearly closed in the end.
POS_miniracer

Previous

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals