[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - New tank build under the stair case
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

New tank build under the stair case

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

New tank build under the stair case

Postby colinoak » Sun May 30, 2010 11:48 am

This is my first time using the journal part of the site.

I am currently doing a new build......It is going to be 3 foot under the stair caseas you walk through out front door.

I will add some pics to show you all from the get go.

I will add a small cupboard above the tank as to get in to clean etc.

I will be having it on a cannister. Probably just and aquaone 200L.

Now the fun part :-):

I am going to go with hmmmmmmmm.........African cichlids I think. Something hardy and no plants to worry about cleaning out after, not the easiest place to get into lol.

The background will be black and in the tank I will arrange rocks. Not sure what substrate to use yet something cheap lol that will enhance the fish colours with any luck lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
colinoak

Re: New tank build under the stair case

Postby Big Den » Sun May 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Looking good mate, don't forget you will need some power there.
Big Den

Postby colinoak » Sun May 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Yeah, thought of that. On the other side of the wall is a power outlet behind the fridge. Will just need to run power cord through the wall and use a 4 boarder power system to run everything :-): (hopefully) lol.

I have just bidded on a cannister filter that runs at 1400L/hour on ebay. That should be heaps as far as water turn over don't you think for 3 foot tank ???
colinoak

Postby Big Den » Sun May 30, 2010 1:40 pm

That will be ideal.
Big Den

Postby Mick » Sun May 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Are you going to have enough room for tank maintenance etc.?

Be interesting to see the tank develop from scratch, keep us updated as you progress.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby sparky » Sun May 30, 2010 5:03 pm

looking good so far Col.
Bit concerned on the amount of room you have there. Whats the height above tank?

sparky

Postby colinoak » Sun May 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Had another look at getting in above the tank for cleaning etc. It will be a bit cramped but I think it will be ok. When the cannister needs cleaning I will have to pull it down to get to the cannister. Other than that I should have enough room to clean glass, move rocks etc.

If I don't fit, I will send the wife in :rofl:

The other option is to fit a small door to the right side as it is another cupboard under the stairs in my media room. Don't want to do that but could if I had to.
colinoak

Postby Blowfish » Sun May 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Nice looking project!!!
Defo plan out all maintenance access first :thu:
Looking forward to watch this develope :beer:
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby seniorfishkeepr » Sun May 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I like it! Looks like a good use of some otherwise wasted space. Good luck.
seniorfishkeepr

seniorfishkeepr

Postby Blowfish » Sun May 30, 2010 9:55 pm

Just thought?? What about the vibrations of folk running up and down the stairs,will this poss freak the fish out??
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Next

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals