[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - My first tank
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My first tank

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: My first tank

Postby ThomasR » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:01 pm

do you leave the filter on all day when you get the fish and when also have the fish do you need to have the lighting on all day?
ThomasR

Postby Jackolas » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:11 pm

You need to leave the filter on all the time dude. Lights depending on preference really. Normally between 8-12 hours.
Jackolas

Postby ThomasR » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:19 pm

ok thanks

i was just asking because I went to the Pet Store to look for surge protectors for my fish tank. It had a timer on it so I was just wondering
Last edited by malakye on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double posting.
ThomasR

Postby Graeme » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Has your ammonia reading started to drop?
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:25 am

Filter 24/7, try your lighting for 10 hours a day and if you start to get algae in the tank reduce it to 8 hours

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby ThomasR » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:56 am

the ammonia has dropped need to check it still
ThomasR

Postby ThomasR » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:43 am

the ammonia is 3 to 4 ppm and the pH was like7.6 or 7.7 do not remember
ThomasR

Postby ThomasR » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:16 pm

the ammonia was 3 ppm and the pH was 7.6
ThomasR

Postby Mick » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:28 am

Don't worry about the pH yet, it will change as the tank matures anyway.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby ThomasR » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:52 am

ok thanks, so in a week or so I should start checking for nitrite?
ThomasR

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals