[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Chris Hannah's Progress Blog
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Chris Hannah's Progress Blog

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Chris Hannah's Progress Blog

Postby Jackolas » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I doint really think you should considering you are going to need to replace the tank in a year anyway :(
Jackolas

Postby malakye » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:33 pm

I wouldn't add anything more, the fish you have are big waste producers so you dont want to go over loading your tank as the goldfish are going to grow
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chrishannah » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:13 pm

Just got back from Pets at Home :)
I decided not to add anymore fish to the tank but however got some baby black moor in my old tank. And don't worry they will be moved to a bigger tank in a few months.

I bought two moss balls (Cladophora aegagropila) , one for each tank. Another plant which i don't know what it is for the bigger tank, if anyone would tell me it would be helpful because they didnt have a label on it. I also made a little hut out of a coconut shell.

And the black moors tank isn't finished, i have some work to do soon with that.

Heres the main tank with the 2 shubunkins and 2 goldfish:
And heres the tank with my new black moor:

Oh and do black moor need different flakes to goldfish? its probably a stupid question but i gave them a tiny bit of flakes and a few bloodworms. And they were spitting out the flakes but they ate the blood worms.
chrishannah

Postby malakye » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Black moors will eat the same food as your gold fish.
Not sure which plant you want identified, a closer picture would help. One looks like cabomba.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:13 am

If you add flakes and blood worms at the same time they will go for the worms first. Bit like offering me a cup of tea or a beer at the same time, I'd always choose the tea :-):

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby aniketsp » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 am

Ya I totally agree with Mick. Fish defenitely prefer the blood worms to the flakes or pellets. Sometimes baby fish find the food too big to eat at a time so they take it in, scrape a bit of it and spit out the remaining part. They'll keep on doing this till they are full :)
aniketsp

Postby xbeckieboox » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:33 pm

You can always check out ebay for plants.I usually buy from lasttradingpost, you can get 25 for 4.99.In my local pets at home its 3 for £9.00, so its worth looking at.You cant chose what you get but for a fiver who cares!
xbeckieboox

Postby malakye » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:38 pm

I have bought plants from the last trading post too, good plants and a fraction of the cost.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Try and get sinking pellet food for fantails(spectrum is excellent,Hikari do a good one too).
Feed flake sparingly as it seems to bung them up.A good veggie flake goes down a treat but pre soak it for a couple of minutes so it sinks.
Gulping at food on the surface is not good for these fish as often the gas gets trapped inside afecting their balance and is often misenterpeted as swim bladder problems!!
Bloodworm,daphnia,brine shrimp are all fine also try boiling a few peas or courgette...... :thu:
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby chrishannah » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Thanks for everyones help :)
They seem to be eating bloodworms fine so for now i'l just give them to the black moor and the flakes to the others with maybe a treat every now and then.
I've tried peas with my shubunkins before but i have to cut them before they eat them haha.

Do you think if i got a bigger tank all my fish would go well together? the person who sold me them said the shubunkins will try and attack them. but i've heard of people have them together before so i was a bit confused.

The plant i was talking about was the one in the middle of the bigger tank directly left of the white rocks.
chrishannah

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals