[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - My first tank - 25l coldwater
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My first tank - 25l coldwater

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: My first tank - 25l coldwater

Postby malakye » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:25 pm

dont add shrimp with a betta, it will eat them lol.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vectis Hams » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:38 am

Don't worry - I'm not aspiring to invertebrates! I've got enough problems with the fish.

I've found a local Betta breeder so will get one from him. I'm starting to think that fish are a lot more like hamsters: get them from a reputable breeder rather than a generic pet shop; don't believe what the shop says about cages/care; and leave them for 24 hours to settle in. Ok, so there's the whole lack of fur, the not chewing their cages and the living in water thing, but apart from that they're pretty similar! Or maybe my fish tank's sending me a bit :daz:
25L Fluval chi: 1 Betta splendens, 2 zebra nerite snails
Many Chinese Hamsters
2 Syrian Hamsters

Vectis Hams

Re: My first tank - 25l betta tank

Postby Vectis Hams » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:21 pm

It's been a while since I was last on here and my tank's been through a few changes. The breeder Betta (a beautiful red halfmoon) vanished mysteriously a week after he arrived and still has never been found. The pet shop betta who came next is thriving and helps hunt down the ever multiplying 'plant snails'. He loves hiding amongst the plants and zooms to the surface hoping for food whenever I go near.
This is how it currently looks:
Tank: 25L Fluval Chi with original filter plus heater (Aqua Vital 25W)
Water: Bottled water/tap water mix with tapsafe, Nutrafin plant fertiliser and aqua carbon (and Indian Almond leaf)
Inhabitants: 1 x blue Betta splendens (?veiltail), 2 x zebra nerite snails, lots of silly little 'plant snails'
Plants: Anubias barteri var. nana, Hemianthus callitricoides “Cuba”, Echinodorus “Rosé”
Food: alternating Hikari pro betta gold and Atison's pellets and once a week some Tetra delica brine shrimp or freeze dried bloodworms. Half an algae wafer for the snails once a week.

Hamlet, the Betta

Rosencrantz and Gildernstern, the snails (before going into the tank)
25L Fluval chi: 1 Betta splendens, 2 zebra nerite snails
Many Chinese Hamsters
2 Syrian Hamsters

Vectis Hams

Postby malakye » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Your tank looks good as does your betta.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mucklelass » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:13 pm

You have been through a lot, losing all those fish. It is to your credit that you didn't give up! Lovely fish!
mucklelass
Donator
Donator

Previous

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals