[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - My 200lt changes.
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My 200lt changes.

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: My 200lt changes.

Postby vinboy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:41 pm

vinboy

Postby vinboy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Just in process of doing a rio negro biotope no plants just roots/rocks/sand.
40 cardinals 3 checkerboard cichlids 2 wiptails all wild caught :-):
will post some photos when all done.
vinboy

Postby Anita » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Sounds good :)
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby xbeckieboox » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:19 pm

wow great photos.I remember my tank I had with all that rubbery fake coral stuff in it, at the time I thought it looked really cool, it was ok untill the algae started growing all over it and the paint chipped off, then I had an egypt themed tank and slowly progressed to wood and plants, more natural, much better.I suppose you have to go throught th the crazy phases and finally grow up lol.Like life, really!
xbeckieboox

Postby vinboy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Another change to be posted shortly :-):
vinboy

Postby athol » Sun May 01, 2011 8:21 am

Anymore updates Vinboy ?
athol

Postby gourami » Sun May 01, 2011 9:24 am

So these rock set ups look amazing. Is it safe to have that big of rocks stacked up in the tank like that? Ive always wanted to do that, but scared something would break. Isn't the weight too much for the bottom or sides to handle?
~Chris
gourami

Postby Mick » Sun May 01, 2011 12:31 pm

I have 150 kg of rock in my tank but I did lay some perspex sheeting on the bottom glass.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby vinboy » Wed May 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Tanks are very tough the only problem is you lose water for the weight.
Rocks have to be scaped safe but natural nothing to fake i always rockscaped and just let
fish find there own caves.

Just in process of sinking and stripping of bark a lovely tree root its going to give me a real eye
piece and looks really natural to my rio negro biotope from vids i have.
Stocking.
30x wild cardinals(really looking great now well fed and glowing).
15x wild hemigrammus types (tetras came in with cardinals in same catch).
3 x wild cw51 large corys.very rare :-):
3 x wild checkerboards 2m 1f coloured up.
2 x wild portholes catfish 2 x wiptails.
Will post photos when all is done and lillys have grown.
vinboy

Previous

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals