[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - 10 gallon divided betta tank
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

10 gallon divided betta tank

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

10 gallon divided betta tank

Postby Xerbeas » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:58 am

So the 10 gallon tank I had as a community tank was recently decommissioned.

then my old betta died, and then one of the spare 1 gallon tanks I had cracked and then the other tank began leaking.

so I was sad and then angry!

and then I had an idea!

needless to say when I told some people about my dead Betta, surprise I get two more (I already had a female Betta that was living in the tank that began leaking).

a beautiful veil tail and a doubly beautiful Half-moon.

currently they are living in their cups on my desk (that way there is no way I can forget about them) and the project starts next week-ish.

Now I just gotta do extra research and prepare!

here's some pics till next week when I get my hands on either acrylic sheets or plastic canvas sheets.

Xerbeas

Re: 10 gallon divided betta tank

Postby andy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:31 am

Crikey, they haven't got a lot of room in there. No heating ? no filteration ? no plants ?

Fighters need a minimum of 5 litres per fish. It's also recommended that you don't use gravel as too much food can get trapped and rot.
andy

Postby Xerbeas » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:49 am

Yes thats why I have them on my desk so I wont forget to change their water everyday from a 5 gal bucket I keep filled with cycled water.

The gravel is simply there to keep poop from free floating (I've been keeping bettas for almost five years and I've only seen one betta in the act of pooping ONCE lol ), and I only feed them two lil betta pelets a day which they gobble up, heating comes from the lamp which is using one of them older lightbulbs. At night I float the cups in the bukket mentioned earlier that has a small 50 watt heater that keeps the water at 72-75 degrees.

this set up is temporary, this is only till next week.
Xerbeas

Postby Anita » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:38 am

The water in the cups looks nice and clean and you seem to have a nice little routine there with the bettas care, I look forward to seeing their new homes though and I'm sure they'd appreciate the extra space :-):
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:13 pm

can you not get hold of some plastic containers that hold much more water until the tank is sorted.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackolas » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Some lovely fish there. But its a real shame to see you keeping them like that dude
Jackolas

Postby weirdartist » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:41 am

I found my betta very happy in a 25L tank, aprox 6 (us) gallons.

Terry
weirdartist

Postby DominicJ » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Took me a while to realise you didnt have 15 on a shelf.....

As others have said, they are alive, really not the best conditions for them to be in.
DominicJ

Postby malakye » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Jackolas had/has a fantastic betta set up and my sons old betta was kept in a 5 gallon then upgraded to a 12 gallon all to itself the difference in him with the extra space was easily seen by the way he acted.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackolas » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:54 am

Jackolas

Next

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals