[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - My 96ltr tank
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My 96ltr tank

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: My 96ltr tank

Postby athol » Thu May 26, 2011 8:08 am

Thanks Anita, I have some plant food for them, how much do you recommend I feed them. 2-3ml a day ?

Edit: They came with some tablets, a slow release feed of some sort, which are in the substrate by the plants. should I feed liquid fertilizer as well?

Thanks
athol

Postby Anita » Thu May 26, 2011 12:29 pm

What are you using the tablets from Plants Alive?
If so I would say a liquid one as well.
I use http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/easy-li ... -1714.html
But have used this in the past http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tetra-p ... -1553.html

Consider something like this product http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/ae-desi ... -2987.html As every tank is deficient of CO2.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby athol » Thu May 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks Anita, will look into those.

got 6 Harlequins today, they look lost in the tank lol, they are pretty small but look really good :)
athol

Postby athol » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Well, quick update with some pics. Now upto 10 Harlequins, and as of today, 6 Black Tetra's :jump:
Plants are still alive, so I'm doing something right...I have some liquid carbon on order so that should help them a bit, and get the best from them.

Next on the list is some Corys for cleaning up the bottom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
athol

Postby Anita » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Looking good :thu:
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby athol » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm thinking it wants a few more plants, what do you guys reckon?
athol

Postby Mick » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:50 am

Planted tanks always look bare until the plants take hold and when they start to grow its surprising how much space they take up.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby athol » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:11 pm

well, I've been missing for a while, so thought I'd do a quick update. Tank has changedd a bit again, more plants, filling out the back quite nicely now, still think a few more smallish ones for along the front, but moneys tight so that will have to wait. Waters been spot on for weeks now too :thu:
Anyone know what the fish is at the top of the 1st picture ?

Thanks
Athol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
athol

Postby malakye » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Looks great.
I would say your fish is a female guppy.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tukje » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:18 am

Your plants look good, why dont you get a wallpaper or something? Is better for the fish, might even improve the looks!
Tukje

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals