[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - My aquaone 980T
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My aquaone 980T

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

My aquaone 980T

Postby kfenk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:05 pm

OK so i moved some fish tanks on and bought myself an aquaone 980T with the intentions on doing a planted discus tank :D

Here it is a couple days after setup.
Just plain black gravel. running twin sponge filters and the built in overhang filter
couple days later i added some guppy fry from my prolific breeders to cycle the tank
kfenk

Re: My aquaone 980T

Postby kfenk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:06 pm

2 weeks later in went the plants, driftwood and an eheim 2213
theres only one spot where i could fit the eheim tubing through so i had to extend the intake tubing and run it along the back. hopefully the plants will cover it sooner or later

and also this little guy. its a calico bristlenose but its different than normal due to the lack of dark brown patches
kfenk

Postby kfenk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:08 pm

that was 2 weeks ago. So on Saturday in went this lot

German Blue Ram pair (i think)

The German Blue Ram female?

Balloon Blue Ram

Neon Blue Ram

And lastly what im hoping is a pair of Checkerboard Cichlids (they looked like a pair at LFS)

Checkerboard Male
kfenk

Postby kfenk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Then i purchased what i thought to be a pair of apistogramma cacatuoides triple red (pretty sure they are) on sunday and they have finally got comfortable enough to venture out and about so i was able to snap a pic of em :D

kfenk

Postby kfenk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Today i added 5 corydoras panda and pics will follow soon :)
kfenk

Postby malakye » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Watch the panda for being harassed by the cichlids. Looks great. Would love to see more of that calico
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Some great pics there of a nice set up, I bet the neon blues weren't cheap :-):

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby kfenk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:27 am

Good news....

I GOT DISCUS!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Heres a pic of em acclimatising in the bag. Not the best pic but it will do until they settle and i can get some good shots. Theres 5 pidgeon bloods and 3 blue diamond x pidgeon blood. they are still small @ 5-6cm so they havnt full coloured up yet. the breeder told me that should happen in about seven weeks :)

I know that the younger discus are supposed to be more finicky than the adults but im confident that i can keep up with water changes and well fed until they are decent sizes ;)
kfenk

Postby Jack Middleton » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:40 am

Personally I feel that you'll need a bigger tank for the Discus long term, especially with the current occupants, frequent water changes are always good with Discus in order to reduce metabolites which may stunt their growth.
Jack Middleton

Postby kfenk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:15 am

I bought 8 because from what iv read up on discus the small ones survive and grow better in large groups. Im not intending to keep them all, only about 4-5 which should thrive in the tank as it is 245L which my conversion calculator tells me is about 64 US gallons. So hopefully all should go well :ok:
kfenk

Next

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals