[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - My aquaone 980T
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My aquaone 980T

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: My aquaone 980T

Postby Mick » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:45 am

How long has the tank been running, I always preferred to let it settle for a couple of months before adding Discus. Agree entirely about the water changes, lots of them :-):

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby kfenk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:37 am

Tank has been running over a month now so hoping all is well. All the other fish are happy in there (especially the rams which bred, ate the babys and are cleaning a spot again lol) but thats ok they are only young n learning. The discus were an impulse buy (we all get em) as a local breeder advertised them at a good price not seen around these parts very often. Im feeling confident with the tank and since iv kept fish for so long without trying discus im wanting to do all i can to keep them happy.

Oh and heres a recent pic of the calico bristlenose taken last night
kfenk

Postby Mick » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:02 pm

That's a nice BN, fancy one of those myself

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby malakye » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:39 pm

I havent seen any of the calico bristlenose over here as of yet but will definately be on the look out for them now.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Anita » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Very nice, I look forward to seeing the discus swimming around. Enjoy them!
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby kfenk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:41 am

pic just taken. wondering why the discus are hanging around the bottom left hand corner? Think its coz thats where the rams layed a batch of eggs last night lol. the girl is still guarding the eggs tho

kfenk

Postby kfenk » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:11 am

Found 2 dead fish in there thismorning :( 1 panda cory and the female apisto cac Image

But while doing the water change i noticed this :)
Seems the checkerboard cichlids were happy enough in there to breed :D Only the mum looks after the eggs, she chases everything that gets within 10cm radius of the eggs including the checkerboard male lol
kfenk

Postby Anita » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:17 am

Sorry about the dead fish.
The discus seem fine, they will group together where they feel secure as they are in new surroundings.
Let them settle and they will be swimming all over the tank.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby vinboy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 am

Are the rams and checkerboards ok together.
The line of site is broken up alot in your tank buy wood and plants which i like but to much filters and heaters on show spoiling
the overall look.
vinboy

Previous

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals