[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Nano shrimp set up
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Nano shrimp set up

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Nano shrimp set up

Postby Jack Middleton » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks all, the manufacturer says 2 weeks, but the plants are clearing it so it's just a bit of free fertiliser.
Jack Middleton

Postby Getthejist » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Im thinking about getting another shrimp tank and this is on the list of ones i might get
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Postby Chucky » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Looks good Jack, what's the fert regime?, are you adding a co2 source?
Chucky

Postby Jack Middleton » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:55 am

I'm using ADA Green Brighty Special Shade and Easy Life Easy Carbo, 0.5ml of each daily and a 50% water change every few days.

The Crypts have all melted but there's lots of new growth so they should come back to life fairly soon.
Jack Middleton

Postby Chucky » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Chucky

Postby Jack Middleton » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:33 pm

I use EI on my main tank but thought I'd give it a go, I picked some up when I visited the Green Machine, works out about the same as TPN+ really. It really does make the water look crystal clear but I wont be buying more, the ADA stuff is nice but it's incredibly expensive for what it is.
Jack Middleton

Postby Chucky » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:04 am

Chucky

Postby Jack Middleton » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:41 pm

S.repens added today:

substantial loss of Crypts but they should bounce back, the P.helferi is coming back too:

No tripod for the camera hence the loss of focus:

Jack Middleton

Postby mucklelass » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:40 pm

I love the proportions of this design, Jack.
mucklelass
Donator
Donator

Postby Jack Middleton » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks, here is one of the shrimp, the best in terms of colour, a pregnant female:

Jack Middleton

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals