[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Shrimp tank
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Shrimp tank

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Shrimp tank

Postby Mick » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:59 pm

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Getthejist » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:16 pm

It doesnt look to hard to grow appart from having to be 30 degrees but i may well just leave it in room temp water, i read somewhere else that harvesting in hte morning is best as spirulina has the most amount of proteins in the morning. Two adjustments i would make though are using bicarbonate of soda instead of pH up and using universal indicator which is much better than the one you get with the test kits and a lot cheaper its also easy to read http://www.amazon.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-INDIC ... 937&sr=8-1 i might write about it like you did with phytoplankton but now back to the shrimp im going to put CRS in here initially then move them over to the other shrimp tank and put blur tigers in there as blue tigers are much more expensive and i dont want them to die also this tank will be ready before the other shrimp tank. Also im going to put the 25 gallon on its stand today and put the betta fish into its new tank
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Postby Getthejist » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Im thinking of switching out my t8 lights for a t5 unit any suggestions. Or would it be better to stick with the t8 and get a different bulb, im going to look on ebay for a t5 unit there are a few cheap ones but theyre to big for my tank. Also ive trimmed everything in the tank to promote new growth and some of the java moss seems to be growing and im going to put some mature media in there and wait for the ammonia and nitrite to drop do a water change then add my amano to keep this weird bacteria under control. Im not posting pics because believe me it looks pretty awful right now
Getthejist

Postby Chucky » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Chucky

Postby Getthejist » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:46 am

Im going to get rid of the anubias as it releases toxins into the tank when the rhizome is cut and im bound to forget this in the future and i dont want to lose my precious shrimp so im getting rid of it also that means the moss can colonise the entire wood and will be more beneficial to the shrimp than the anubias would. Im going to put some more mature media in the tank and then in a few days i will add my amano shrimp (the ammonia is still quite high checked it yesterday and it was 4ppm) and shes going to help maintain the bacteria until i can get some crystals only problem is that shes in the tank with the snails in and i dont want any snails in this tank so what are the chances of a snail or snail eggs getting caught in the net? Im also going to work on the scape as i kind of sucks right now ill keep the wood where it is and maybe add some rocks or rock caves for moss to grow on maybe a coconut cave.
Getthejist

Postby malakye » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Dont put your shrimp in the tank if the ammonia is still that high, you will kill it.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Getthejist » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Im going to add some mature media and wait for the ammonia and nitrite to be 0 then do a water change and add the one shrimp
Getthejist

Previous

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals