[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - 160l goldfish tank
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

160l goldfish tank

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

160l goldfish tank

Postby cathface » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:05 am

just thought I'd post an evolution of my goldfish tank!

back in early February, before I got the luminaire and a background.

late February. I'd taken out the plastic crap plants that came with the tank second-hand, put in nice silk ones. also took out the ornaments (looked a little.. cramped and unnatural). added two mossballs (excess from my betta tank haha).

today.. well.. yesterday now. leveled my tank (if you look to the previous pics, water level is slightly uneven), and took the opportunity to change my background to black! like it much better now. :)

I've ordered frog's bit for my betta tank, so any excess is probably going to go in this tank. plus I'm investing in an external because the Aquaballs are a bit of an eyesore, I think. also in a couple weeks, I'll be taking that pop sock with bio rings in off and putting them back in my filter haha, I've just currently got some activated carbon pads in (had cloudy water and it was unsightly).
cathface

Re: 160l goldfish tank

Postby Mick » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:41 am

The fish certainly stand out against the black background :thu:

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Blowfish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:26 am

Its got a nice zen feel about it with the glass bottom and pebbles and the offset plants....very nice!! :thu:
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby malakye » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 pm

I like it and the fish look really happy, good to see them in a decent size tank and not crammed into something too small or heavily over stocked
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cathface » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 pm

thank you all! :)

malakye, I know right? you just see too many people with like 6 goldfish in a 60l and they just look so cramped, poor things. :( I often see it on gumtree (because I'm scouring around for a second hand external), people wanting to sell off some of their fish because "they're getting too big"... should've done some research and found out how big they get first before buying loooads of tiny ones....
cathface

Postby malakye » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I came across one just this week with 5 single tail goldfish in a 20litre tank who thought it was fine to have them like that.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Getthejist » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:02 pm

I don't really see why so many people buy goldfish, they're very nice fish but even in the shops you can see they are large, I hate shops that are doing this just to make a profit... >:O
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Postby cathface » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:24 am

I think it's because people have been led to believe that goldfish are easy to care for, don't need much maintenence, etc etc... if only people knew that goldfish get pretty huge, and the mess they make meaning they need more water space as well as more water changes. if treated well then it can be really rewarding.
cathface

Postby Blowfish » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:08 am

Goldfish are massive poopers!!! keep ujp the water changes !!! 25%weekly should be fine X
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby cathface » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:42 am

oh goodness, I would be in trouble if I only did 25% weekly! I do about 70-80% twice a week, because I have 4 in 40 gallons, which means I'm technically slightly overstocked if you go by the 20 gallons for the first fish, then 10 for every subsequent fish. nitrates would skyrocket if I did any less than what I do now!
cathface

Next

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals