[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - My 55 Gallon Angelfish Tank
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My 55 Gallon Angelfish Tank

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: My 55 Gallon Angelfish Tank

Postby Big Den » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:02 am

Isn't it something like 1.5 to 2 watts per gallon for low tec and more when using C02?
Big Den

Postby Angelfish » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:33 am

Thanks guys
Not much progress yet but I did take these

Angelfish

Postby malakye » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:02 pm

They are lovely.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby POS_miniracer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:41 pm

So I decided to surprise Angelfish and set up her tank yesterday.

I really wanted to paint that stand before setting it up but decided I also didn't want to wait until spring.

The substrate debate ended when I looked in the bucket full that came with the tank and thought to myself "good enough" and as luck would have it she actually likes it and.... it does have some sand mixed in so that's that.

I also threw the cheesy looking plastic plants that I got on the deal in also. I hate them but at least they provide some cover until we move up to the live version in the spring.

The background is hard to make out because I actually just taped it to the wall behind the tank for now. We can't decide which side we like better so we're going to live with ut each way for a while until we make up our minds.

POS_miniracer

Postby malakye » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:05 pm

It looks great, those plastic plants are not the worse I have seen.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby POS_miniracer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:36 pm

Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't all the exact same plastic/color.
Maybe by the time we're ready for the real thing they'll have a little grunge on them and blend in a bit.

I've got my eye on a nice piece of wood and if I go back for it I might try attaching a little moss on it.
POS_miniracer

Postby superdart » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:30 am

A bit of moss or an anubias would look good on the wood......
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:09 pm

I like anubias or java fern attached to wood, it gives a great effect. Shame your in the states or I would have given you some java fern.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby POS_miniracer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 pm

They call it Java moss here so it might be the same thing. Looks like a little ball of grass to me.

Done a bit more work on the tank today. I removed the sponge filter and replaced it with a Fluval 305 that's been running on my 90G
POS_miniracer

Postby superdart » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 am

Fluval 305's are very good filters and I have been using 405's for many years now.The one weakness with them I have found is in the impellor cover plate as I have broken lot's of the plastic spring clip's over the years....or it might just be me being clumsy.. :-):
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals