[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - My 520lt
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

My 520lt

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

My 520lt

Postby Graeme » Sun May 04, 2014 11:46 am

Ok, decision made, the tank has been ordered but annoyingly there's a two week wait for new stock to come in! Here it is:

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquar ... lours.html

I couldn't wait to get started so obviously the first thing to do is start a new Journal Thread!

I'm going to be having a go at Aulonocaras. Probably Ruby Reds (Rubescens). I like the idea of Malawi Cichlids that will accept a bit of a community setup and a few hardy plants in sand rather that the bare rock Malawi Mbuna look.

Would anyone like to help with suggestions of what I could put in with them please?

Regards

Graeme
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Re: My New 520lt

Postby superdart » Sun May 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Java Fern is just about the only plant I had any success in growing with Rift Valley fish and that was a long time ago,also Anubius aparantly is worth a try.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Sun May 04, 2014 1:37 pm

Mbuna are pretty hard going on plants so java fern is usually the only one that stands a chance. Cichlids are best kept in a species tank so other Malawi only, I wouldnt add your angel or other fish in with them.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Mon May 05, 2014 8:33 am

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Graeme » Mon May 05, 2014 8:55 am

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Mon May 05, 2014 1:32 pm

I know some who do keep bristlenose plecs with their peacocks so it should work, just remember they will need a bit of bogwood to rasp on.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby POS_miniracer » Tue May 06, 2014 12:36 am

That's a good looking tank. Very modern.
POS_miniracer

Postby Graeme » Tue May 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Graeme » Tue May 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby POS_miniracer » Wed May 07, 2014 3:20 am

With African's it's pretty typical to overcrowd so I'd imagine you'd probably end up with a good canister filter attached to that thing at some point.
POS_miniracer

Next

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals