[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - 6ft Journal
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

6ft Journal

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

6ft Journal

Postby Alasse » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:26 pm

Thought I'd do a run down on the 6ft as I get it ready for its new tenant that will arrive Saturday

So the 6ft got completely pulled down yesterday and fully cleaned.

Today
I added in the wood décor and part filled it (to keep wood waterlogged).
Currently it is bare bottomed.
I also have started getting the media ready for the overhead sump. I now have a smaller sump pump.
The larger pump is still running in the tank, gives the tank good water movement which the eel will like.
I bought some porthos plant to add to the sump. I also have another plant here to add to it..
Depending what pennies I have left I may get another few plants to add to the sump

Tomorrow
I will be giving the pump a whirl, once I buy some new tubing and connections (others are too big from the larger pump).
I will buy another bag of scoria for the sump.
I need to wash the sand (nightmare stuff it is to wash too!!)
To make the tank escape proof I think I will get some poly channelling to run along the back of the sump. This will eventually end up with DIY LED strip in it

Once everything is running I will buy some feeder gudgeon and some feeder long arm shrimp for the tank. They will have a bit of settle in time before the eel is invited to dinner lol
I also want to add a few large bunches of Val to the tank, just to break up the all wood décor.

Hopefully I can grab a pic tomorrow so you can have a look see
Alasse

Re: 6ft Journal

Postby malakye » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:24 pm

what kind of eel are you thinking off adding.
Looking forward to seeing pictures
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alasse » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:21 am

A native long fin eel :)
Alasse

Postby Alasse » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Finally got the sump running and the tank rescaped
Alasse

Postby malakye » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:45 pm

looking forward to seeing how this progresses
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alasse » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:58 pm

Photos

Alasse

Postby malakye » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:03 pm

fantastic pictures but wow that is one ugly fish hahaha, sorry I love snakes but just never found eels appealing lol.
How long will the little fish last before the big guys has them for dinner?
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alasse » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:51 am

Alasse

Postby malakye » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:15 pm

I guessed they were in there as food for her. I would find watching her fascinating but just wouldnt have one lol.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alasse » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:53 am

They don't play well with others lol She beat the snot out of the other eel she was with, hence why she is now here
Alasse

Next

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals