Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

6ft Journal

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: 6ft Journal

Postby malakye » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:10 pm

she sounds like a meannie hahaha. So will she be with you for good or will you release her down the line? I am not sure what the laws are like over releasing them. I assume she is wild caught or have I got that wrong?
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alasse » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:10 am

She will be with me for as long as is possible. She probably will not be released, I don't think that is permitted. I will ask authorities if that is needed in the future. I am hoping to keep her for a long long time.

Definitely wild caught, they cannot be bred in captivity. They are used in Aquaculture here, the elvers must be caught (under licence) and grown out for them to be used for food
Alasse

Postby malakye » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:43 pm

oh wow I didnt realise they used them as food but should have really as some eat eels here.
She will have a fantastic life with you I have no doubt about that
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Freshwater Tank Journals