[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - New Tank, Lots of Plecs!
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

New Tank, Lots of Plecs!

Chat about your catfish and plecs here

New Tank, Lots of Plecs!

Postby Naomi-Terry » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:53 am

Hi all,

I need a bit of advice, I have recently bought a new tank, and with it came 8 pleco's and various other tropicals (I will have to sell some on as they don't have enough space)
I currently have a big (approx. 7 inches long) pleco, a little golden nugget and other tropical small fish, they are in a gravel bottom tank.

When I set up my new tank is it possible to have sand instead of gravel, will they suck it up and harm them? Will it damage my filter?

I'm a complete novice but want to create the best environment for my fish.
Naomi-Terry

Re: New Tank, Lots of Plecs!

Postby Graeme » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:36 pm

Sand will be fine. There's quite a few photos on here with sand based setups. Argos play sand will do the job if you give it a good wash.
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Naomi-Terry » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Naomi-Terry

Postby Graeme » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Naomi-Terry » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:53 am

I got 2 silver dollars, one is massive, at least 3 inches long, several danio's, a large tench, a couple of skeleton fish and about 10 plecs. All added to my existing gang!

Haven't managed to get my new filter pumping again, but the man said it will take time. So I have 2 large tanks overtaking my dining room, best get it sorted before we have no where to eat our Christmas dinner!
Naomi-Terry

Postby Graeme » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Not sure about the filter pump needing time to work? Either it works or it doesn't! Was he talking about getting the filter cycled?

Sounds like you have an interesting collection there now. Keep your eye on the inch of fish per gallon rough guide.
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Naomi-Terry » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:28 am

I have no idea if it needs to be cycled, still in the process of rinsing stones, got a great bargain at the diy shop, a large sack of gravel for £1! Couldn't find white sand! So not anywhere near being set up yet!

Trying to get rid of all the plecs, then I should have plenty of space!
Naomi-Terry

Return to Catfish and Plecs