[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Do I have bolivian Rams or German Blue Rams??
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Do I have bolivian Rams or German Blue Rams??

Chat about your cichlids here

Do I have bolivian Rams or German Blue Rams??

Postby Candycane13 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Pls help my other half was sold a "pair" of Bolivian Rams, but the more research I do the more I suspect we have been sold German blue Rams. The pair started off great but a few months down the line we are left with one. The larger one bullied the smaller one so much he died last week. I wanted to get another mate/s but I'm unsure of the what we actually have??Image[/img]
Candycane13

Re: Do I have bolivian Rams or German Blue Rams??

Postby Graeme » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Candycane13.

Your Ram looks like a Bolivian but your description of their behaviour sounds more like a couple of German males.

Someone who's owned Rams will be able to ID your photo soon.

What else have you got in there with them?

Regards

Graeme
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Re: Do I have bolivian Rams or German Blue Rams??

Postby malakye » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:54 pm

hi Candycane welcome to the forum, those are german blue I have kept both. They are notoriously difficult to sex unless in good condition and showing their full colours which sadly in a pet store they don't usually do. It might be better to leave him as a single specimen unless you have a large tank where any other male can avoid the one you have now.

This was my blue rams in full breeding colours

and out of breeding conditions when I first got him.

This was my bolivians
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Cichlids