[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Neon Tetra Feeding Query
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Neon Tetra Feeding Query

Chat about your tetra, barb and rasbora here

Neon Tetra Feeding Query

Postby donalo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Hi All,

I have a couple of Neon's in my community tank.

I notice after feeding them (just feed them once a day) with flake (Tetra Pro) one or two of them seem to have to keep forcing their head towards the gravel as if they are overweighted since the feed. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this or knows what it is other than overeating?!

Tank is up and running over 2 years and have had the Neons for the past year or so and not lost any. All other species appear healthy too.

I am conscious of not overfeeding also so tend not to put too much flake in.

Cheers :)
donalo

Re: Neon Tetra Feeding Query

Postby malakye » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:54 pm

I must say its no something I have ever noticed or been aware of noticing anyhow. Not entirely sure of what it could be either. I am sure Mick or one of the others may have an idea/suggestion. Apart from the head down behaviour is there any sign of anything else possibly wrong? It could well be just one of those things a couple of your fish do.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:05 am

Ive never heard of this before, if all of the other fish are healthy it could just be one of those strange things fish do

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby malakye » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 am

Glad I am not the only one who hasn't heard of this.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby darkangel23 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:33 pm

I have also never noticed this ... I usually feed tetra bits flakes..

but I think it's their natural behavior ..
|
darkangel23

Postby Seahawk7356 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:08 am

Weird, never heard of this.
Sorry I can't help..
Seahawk7356

Return to Tetra, Barb and Rasbora