Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

coldwater fish help!

Need some help or advice quickly.

coldwater fish help!

Postby petecraig1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:54 pm

i wanted to clean my fishtank so i did. i took the fish out of the tank and put them in some water i took from the tank. but i cleaned everything and i flushed the water :( i have been reading this is very bad for me to do. so now i have a little bowl of water with my 4 fish in and a clean tank. if i out the fish in they will die so what do i do now? will my fish die in the bowl with no oxygen. i have put purifier in the water so will i have to wait 5 days again before putting the fish back in. i really dont want my fish to die so help would be appreciated
petecraig1

Re: coldwater fish help!

Postby POS_miniracer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 pm

I'm not sure what purifier you use or why you'd have to wait five days?
If it's water purifier for use in fish tanks and is fish safe you should be able to put the fish right back into your tank.

What size is the tank?
How long had it been up and running before you did this?
Did you clean the filter as well? If so what type of filter and what did you do to clean it?
POS_miniracer

Re: coldwater fish help!

Postby malakye » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:51 pm

Why do you have to wait 5 days? Tom has asked all the other questions we need answered in order to help you.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Emergencies