Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Biorb flow filter - frog getting stuck

Need some help or advice quickly.

Biorb flow filter - frog getting stuck

Postby Guest » Sat May 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi I have a biorb flow.

About 5 weeks ago I added a congo frog & a loach to my tank. The frog was coming along nicely so I got him a friend, another congo frog. This one is a lot more active than my first one. I went to feed them last night and discovered my loach in the bottom of the filter, this fish can get in and out of it ok, but the smaller frog was stuck so I had to take the filter / pump out to release him.

My filter works with the flow underneath it, I'm stuck as to an idea of how to prevent the frog getting in as the loach keeps shifting the ceramic media about to clean it.

Help plz I don't want my frog to die :(

Re: Biorb flow filter - frog getting stuck

Postby malakye » Sun May 11, 2014 5:49 pm

can you put the leg of a pair of tights over it in order to stop the frog getting stuck? I am not sure about these filters so I may not be of much use.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Biorb flow filter - frog getting stuck

Postby Anita » Sun May 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Hello :bye:
I'd do as above or put some pebbles/small cobbles just around the outside of the filter tube. Hopefully the loach won't be able to move them.
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Return to Emergencies