Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

polypterus endlicheri tankmates

Need some help or advice quickly.

polypterus endlicheri tankmates

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:24 am

I have a 6yr old polypterus about 14". Recently lost his tank mates due to old age. (Had 3 bala sharks that were about 10yrs old with him. Lost the first about 6months ago and the last about a week ago) Gladiator has a fabulous personality. He follows me as I walk across the room and stares at me with his mouth open when he thinks he needs to be fed. Since the loss of his last tank mate he turns to face the back of the tank whenever I get close. He's still eating but doesn't stare me down for food anymore and waits for me to leave the room before he'll eat. I have seriously angered my fish. Lol. I need to get him some new tank mates, but I'm at a loss as to what I can get that's affordable, like the $10-20 range. Needs to be big enough he can't eat them and not aggressive so they don't torment him. Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: polypterus endlicheri tankmates

Postby malakye » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:15 pm

I am in the UK so not sure what the prices of fish are in the states, you could keep an eye out on craigslist for people selling bala sharks that are a decent size, several look for homes for the larger specimens.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Emergencies