[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Mudskippers
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Mudskippers

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Mudskippers

Postby malakye » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 pm

I still havent got round to making the shelves just added more stones to hold the sand back a bit more so thought I would show how they have come on.

The first video shows how friendly they are now, excuse the shakey video its quite hard to feed blood worm and hold a video camera still lol.

The next one is just to show them and their new tank mates who are a trio of black lyretail mollies.

malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Absolutely frickin love this tank :lov: :love2:
I fancy doing a brackish puffer/mudskipper set up with my corner juwel trigon 190 :thu: i think theyd prob co-habit pretty well but not found anyone doing it?? :read:
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby malakye » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 pm

I was going to go for puffer mudskipper mix but the more I read I found the less it was likely to work, thats why I went with the mollies. I found a couple who tried it with puffers which worked short term but had to be seperated within a few months.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Yeah was thinkin the puffers would prob be nippin at the skippers eventually ... :cry:
Oh well puffers it is! :rofl: Have you seen any decent fresh to brackish ones anywhere,sadly dont have time or moneys for marine puffers just now!
Blowfish

Postby Blowfish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 pm

The most talked about display tank we ever had at Aquatic Rooms was the mudskipper beach set up...people would be amazed as they hopped right onto your hand to eat bloodworm!! folks who didnt even keep fish came back time and again to visit them....truly enchanted
Blowfish

Postby malakye » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 pm

I have a friend who can at times get hold of some puffers, will check with him and let you know.

I am not surprised that the mudskippers attracted people, I love the little guys and their antics.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 pm

oooh please do,the last decent ones i saw where at maidenhead glasgow but that was many months ago and they where mbu's ...sadly too big fer me 190litres.
Blowfish

Postby superdart » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:17 am

[quote="Blowfish"]Absolutely frickin love this tank :lov: :love2:

Me as well as I love odd ball fish kept properly............. :ok:
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks Mike, good to see you enjoy seeing them as much as I do.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Barry » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:27 am

Barry
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Brackish Tank Journals