[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Mudskippers
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Mudskippers

Post the complete story of setting up your tank, stage by stage from the beginning to the present day.

Re: Mudskippers

Postby malakye » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:30 am

cause that meant getting the stand out and it was a last minute idea to grab the video camera as I was feeding them. Just like I could have shouted you to hold the camera lol.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:34 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cry: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby malakye » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:26 pm

The black lyretail mollies who live with the mudskippers in the brackish tank are obviously happy both females have dropped fry in the past 2 days, I have saved over 20 babies. The skippers are not sure what to make of the new arrivals, they chase them then about turn and run away from them.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 am

:lolflag Be interesting to see a vid of that, not knowing much about mudskippers, would they attempt to eat the fry if given the chance?

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby malakye » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:58 pm

I know people have said they grab the fry and will eat them but not sure. I know they will happily pick shrimp out the tank and eat them.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:27 pm

I think the muddys would if they can catch em! :blus:
How many you got left??
Blowfish

Postby malakye » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:37 pm

I saved 20 odd babies who are in a nursery tank just now but there was a few left behind that are either hiding or the parents have eaten, the thing with the mudskippers are they will only chase for a little while then give up.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:37 pm

I think they prob only got the energy for short sharp bursts but in my experience they are determined little buggers :-):
Blowfish

Postby malakye » Tue May 08, 2012 8:32 pm

The mudskippers tank finally got its long awaited make over. They and the bumblebee gobbies now have more swimming space and the beach area is now the full length of the tank which gives them more land area too so hopefully they will like it. The beach is a platform so there is swimming space underneath so going to add another half dozen bumblebees soon as I really do like those little guys.

The waters still a bit cloudy but heres a sneak peak, will get video of it tomorrow as the battery died on me tonight.

malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Wed May 09, 2012 5:30 am

clever, look forward to the vid :thu:

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

PreviousNext

Return to Brackish Tank Journals