[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - cloudy tank after 3 weeks
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

cloudy tank after 3 weeks

If you are new to the hobby.

Re: cloudy tank after 3 weeks

Postby ty1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:00 pm

HI Graeme

Yes I hand the fish bought and in the bag sitting in the tank in 15 mins a further 15-20 mins for the bag to get to the same temp as the tank then I released them one at a time pets at home say I should buy more fish a male to split the females up but the last male I had years ago killed the females I was very up set by that and I don't think its fair that one female is swimming madly and the others shy and hiding a way
ty1

Postby Graeme » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:10 pm

That would have stabilised the temperature ok but not the water conditions so any difference in the level of nitrate or more importantly pH would have shocked the fish when moved from the fish shop water in the bag to the water in your tank. If the difference wasn't too bad she'll be fine.

Have a look at this article:

www.fishtankforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3420
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby ty1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi Graeme
thanks for the article very interesting I went on what pets at home fish expert said 15-20 mins float on top then release. As for the buy more fish I think I'll wait and see. I have been watching these two fish for hours now and I mean hours the bigger female isn't actually bullying the small one its more the small one just sitting there flapping the fins at the front no gasping nothing like that not even listing after reading loads I wonder if she's pregnant. anyway thank you again Graeme for your advice
ty1

Postby ty1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:04 pm

ty1

Postby Graeme » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Not necessarily, a stronger fish would handle a pH shock better than a weaker fish and then they would either get over it or develop ich or even die. Alternatively, the pH might have been similar and your fish were not shocked and the one that's behaving shyly has another issue.

The best you can do is to read the articles and follow the tried and tested methods and get to know your fish. Sounds like you're doing that already!
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Big Den » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:13 am

Glad to hear the water cleared. The female that is hiding away may be in the process of giving birth, they tend to do this at this time but bullying between females is common.
Big Den

Postby Graeme » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:01 am

Did your shy girl get bolder?
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Previous

Return to Beginners