[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - horseshoe crabs
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

horseshoe crabs

Discuss any saltwater invertebrates.

horseshoe crabs

Postby stumpy316uk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:19 pm

hey has anyone ever kept a horseshoe crab or any info on there care.

thanks phil
stumpy316uk

Re: horseshoe crabs

Postby Mick » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:54 am

Sorry, never kept these. Hopefully someone has who can give you a bit of info.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Graeme » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:52 pm

This place is packed with information on them:

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:13 am

Good find there Graeme :thu:

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby stumpy316uk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:52 pm

cheers m8 will have a good look at it
stumpy316uk

Postby Graeme » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:12 am

So will we be seeing any Horseshoe Crabs in the tank any time soon???
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby stumpy316uk » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:30 pm

no m8 not going to have haven't really got the room in the tank i have now and don't think it is big enough to house him right so think its best to leave him in sea for now.
stumpy316uk

Postby POS_miniracer » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:38 pm

The first time I ever saw or heard of a horseshoe crab was while visiting the beach in Cape Cod. I was just a kid but the guy I was with said the thing they do with them when found washed up on the beach was to toss them by the tail back into the water. It was something about them getting washed up and not being able to return on their own before something bad happened. I remember him telling me then that they called them a "living fossil".

Anyway, about 6 months ago I was at a customers house and she had a large marine tank that we were talking about and her little girl asked me if I wanted to see her ? (can’t remember what she called it) and what she showed me was what looked like a small (about the size of a U.S. quarter) horseshoe crab growing in a small plastic container like those you’d see a Betta in at a shop. They had gotten it at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago as a souvenir and had grown it like kids would sea monkey’s. I mentioned it looked like a horseshoe crab at the time and she told me it wasn’t but was related? But for the life of me I can’t remember what she called it. She indicated it was her intention to add it to her tank at some point so maybe that’s something worth looking in to?
POS_miniracer

Postby craigieboi » Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 pm

yep totally prehistorc creature, should be in the sea not in a tank i cannot understand why these arent on the cites :phone:
craigieboi

Postby superdart » Tue May 25, 2010 10:33 am

If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Next

Return to Saltwater Invertebrates