[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Bubble Tip Anemone Behavior "Fake Death"
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Bubble Tip Anemone Behavior "Fake Death"

Discuss any saltwater invertebrates.

Bubble Tip Anemone Behavior "Fake Death"

Postby Nec » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Last night, I finally got the chance to sit down around 7:00. (long weekend) Between that time and 8:00, my BTA went from being huge, full and happy with my Gold Banded Maroon swimming in and out of the tentacles to this flat, angel hair pasta looking lifeless thing. It wasn't inside out like I have heard some of them do at times. It just looked lifeless. I tried not to panick and immediately tested everything and everything seemed normal. At this point the lights where still on and I decided to let it sit till morning. I know....bold move considering that they have the ability to pollute the tank when they die. Anyways, I wake up this morning and check it out and it looked mostly normal again. Almost as full as it was. The tentacles were plump and waving in the current again.

The reason for this post is to inform those that own (and future owners) that this is normal behavior for BTA's and NOT TO PANICK when it happens. Sometimes they just need to rest or expell waste.
Nec

Re: Bubble Tip Anemone Behavior "Fake Death"

Postby Mick » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Good post, mine used to deflate like that twice a day, once at midday and then when the lights went out, its amazing how small they can get themselves.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:33 pm

Thanks for the info James.
This will prove most useful to me in the future.
NightwishRaven999

Postby Nec » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:49 pm

My old one never did that. It would turn itself almost inside out but not deflate like that. The only time it did, it never recovered and died. Thats why I sort of panicked a little. This was the 1st time the new one did it. It stays inflated during the night as well.
Nec

Postby malakye » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:40 pm

I am so glad you posted about this sort of thing cause I would have assumed it had died too.
We need new pictures of your tank and its inhabitants.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Saltwater Invertebrates