[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Trouble stacking rock
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Trouble stacking rock

New to saltwater or still thinking of moving onto it.

Trouble stacking rock

Postby Getthejist » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Hey guys this is a quick question but do you need epoxy for stacking live rock because mine doesn't seem to want to stay and I'm scared it'll fall and break the glass. I've got approx 55 kgs to put in my tank and would appreciate some advice on putting it in :-): (tank journal will be posted once I get this rock in :D )
When in doubt get another tank.
I keep water the fish are just for decoration.
Getthejist

Re: Trouble stacking rock

Postby superdart » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Milliput under the rock to stop it slipping and for your fish to hide under and to stick the top sections together.
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby Mick » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

As above, make sure its aquatic milliput though

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Getthejist » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Well I haven't had time to get any milliput yet but I have attempted to place the rock and all of it is in now but I will most likely rearrange it seeing as there aren't that many open spaces within the rock. Could I possibly see pictures of some rockwork from any of you guys.
Getthejist

Postby Mick » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:18 pm

It is better to have some caves, gaps etc. as this increases the surface area of the rock thus increasing the power of the filtration.

I'll see if I can dig some old pics out to give you some idea.

Mick

Postby Getthejist » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Well I managed to get my hands on some milliput today (definitely aquatic) and I'll attempt to rearrange my rockwork.Also how much rock would you recommend for a 400l tank? I currently have 22kgs of fiji rock 10 kgs of regular live rock and about 20-25kgs of base rock.
Getthejist

Postby malakye » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Have a look through some of the saltwater sections you will find pictures of how NEC had his tank set up, my own and several others, hopefully it will give you some ideas. Looking forward to seeing your tank journal and its progress.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 pm

1kg per 2 gallons so you would require about 45 kg to sustain the tank

Mick

Return to Saltwater for Beginners