Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Red Sea Max

New to saltwater or still thinking of moving onto it.

Re: Red Sea Max

Postby stumpy316uk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Like candise said it can happen. Where did u get ur live rock from? And how long was it out of water for during transport?
stumpy316uk

Postby bluedolphin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:31 pm

it is got it from a really good marine shop. it has come from used tank, cost me an arm and a leg.
Elaine
bluedolphin

Postby stumpy316uk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:48 pm

U might not get a cycle then. Just keep a eye on ur levels.
stumpy316uk

Postby bluedolphin » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:32 pm

HELP

Just noticed a horrible worm like thing crawling out of my rocks. Its silvery grey in colour with tiny hair like bristles...ewwwwww :dev: where did it come from and should I (my hubby rather) get rid. I have just bought some hermit crabs and a shrimp so was watching them in the blue light when this thing came into focus :wtf:
Elaine
bluedolphin

Postby malakye » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:54 pm

sounds like bristleworm, they eat detritus and some like and think they are a great addition to their clean up crew, I personally don't like them and glad my arrow crab eats anything like that lol.. They can get huge. If your husband does try to take them out tell him not to touch them with his bare hands.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bluedolphin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:57 am

Right thanks Malakye, Me thinks I will be getting an arrow crab then, coz this little blighter is bloody quick!
Elaine
bluedolphin

Postby superdart » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:35 am

I personally think they do a great job in the tank and would leave it and it's mates to do what it does best and eat the stuff the others wont touch.....
If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby bluedolphin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 am

question lol...How active or inactive are hermit crabs. Mine just seems to sit there not moved a muscle really. When introduced to the tank they made a beeline for the edges of the rocks and more or less stayed there. They have been in for nearly 24 hours. Sally,my shrimp, :-): tends to stay at the back hanging of the rocks. Is all this normal? Don't really know what to expect. Sally seemed very active in the shop, but then Sally didn't have much rock to hide behind. :-):
Elaine
bluedolphin

Postby bluedolphin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:40 am

Ok Superdart, I suppose its a matter of taste, just looked up that arrow crab and it's a bit too spider like for me!!!
Elaine
bluedolphin

Postby malakye » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:49 pm

I wouldnt add an arrowcrab if you have shrimp, mine got moved into the sump when I decided I wanted starfish. They do look like spiders but I think that was part of the attraction lol.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Saltwater for Beginners