[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Axoloti
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Axoloti

Chat about your oddballs here

Axoloti

Postby mr_chris » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Goes by the name = Falkor

Last edited by mr_chris on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here Fishy Wishy :)
mr_chris

Re: Axoloti

Postby Mick » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:30 pm

Now I do like them, I think they are the first pics of those that we have had on the forum.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby mr_chris » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:46 pm

i have thousend of pictures of him, but thought people would of got the gist with 2 pics lol
mr_chris

Postby malakye » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:42 pm

I love the look of those. Have thought about getting one a few times over the years but have resisted.
So tell us more about him, what size tank is he in, what does he eat etc.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mr_chris » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:00 pm

hes in a 125 ltr tank. about 4inches long. av heard they can grow to about 10 inches
feed him frozen blood worm, hard work keeping the angel fish away from it while im trying to feed him.
the only downside to him is that he eats the gravel wich i can see it has started to build up in his stomach. so i have started to get abit worried about that.
i bought him before doing my research. wich was a big no no. :sto:
and 2 of my smaller fish have gone missing.
ive had him for a month now and i love the attention he gets when somone looks in my tank :-):
mr_chris

Postby weirdartist » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:10 pm

aww! he is just adorable! :)

dont worry I have brought fish without researching before... :oops:
I think everyone does that at some point. Just make sure you do the best you can for him now... If you are in doubt try talking to the store you brought him in, and ask them questions (it may not be helpful if they are a chain or dont know much about the fish, but its often a good place to start)

as for the gravel, I'd consider changing the substrate to sand, or find out if this is normal behavoir (I have no idea! but i do know some animals eat stones to help their digestion, and some filter gravel/sand for food... so it could be normal-ish?)

good luck! and feel free to post a few more pics, he is soooo cute :jump:

Terry
weirdartist

Postby weirdartist » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:19 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axolotl
has a few bits of information

Terry
weirdartist

Postby mr_chris » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Thanks for the link. intresting stuff about there history that i didnt no.
i hope he dusnt grow to how big that link sez. i dont have enough room lol.
i changed from sand not so long ago for the sake off the fish. plus it was white sand and a complete nightmare to keep clean.
it is completely normall that they eat the gravel, however, it is known that it gets stuck in there system and keeps building up until the tragic story begins.
ive had him just under a month and hes finally started to come out his shell abit. when i first got him he just used to crawl around the dark parts of the tank but no hes so much more active and swimming about. :jump:
mr_chris

Postby xbeckieboox » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:08 pm

wow thats a good one, love odd fish !
xbeckieboox

Postby lisasphynx » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:30 pm

i love him, he is cool, and i love the background in his tank, very nice!
lisasphynx

Next

Return to Oddballs