[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Hmmmm puffers:D
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Hmmmm puffers:D

Chat about your oddballs here

Hmmmm puffers:D

Postby Ryancarrillo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:14 am

I love these fish, ever since i was little I wanted a fishtank just to own a puffer. I had 3 green spotted puffers:) but I no longer wanted a brackish tank so I sold them to a local fish shop. I now have a WAY bigger fish tank, with community fish and my dwarf puffer Cinders who I adore. She isn't mean at all and trys to swim next to my platys but they're skiddish. So she just sticks by my oto :ok: . I've had her for a week no big issues, and am thinking of trading my 3 neon tetras for another dwarf,

should I try this, I know these fish have alot of personality and are supposed to be aggressive but maybe luck will strike twice and I can have two peaceful puffs... :crazy2:
Ryancarrillo

Re: Hmmmm puffers:D

Postby Mick » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:24 am

As you know each puffer has its own personality so would be interesting to see what does happen if another is introduced to the tank but are you prepared to take the risk.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby malakye » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:42 pm

I would not push my luck if it were my tank. You could be putting all your fish at risk.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 am

It is tempting to try and create something that appears not to have been done before because the fish's characters make their interactions facinating. I put what is usually a peaceful Chiclid in with my Goldfish and he made a mess of one of them. And the Odessa Barbs saw what was going on and got stuck in as well! The whole balance of the tank was upset. You got lucky with your first puffer, I would leave it at that!
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Ryancarrillo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 am

yeah I guess your right:) well nothing left to do but make my plants grow,
Ryancarrillo

Postby vinboy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:24 pm

With puffers its all about breaking up the line of sight with wood/plants/rocks i had 5 redtail redeye puffers 1xmale 4xfemale
plus 8 dwarf puffers in a 200lt asian setup with fast fish and everything was fine and very interesting.
vinboy

Postby rachy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:15 pm

well i can see why u would wanna do it lol, i adore dwarf puffers :D but like others have said...probably not worth the risk man, they look so cute but then theres other times when i see mine acting like little monsters.
rachy

Return to Oddballs