[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Can't identify this fish.
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Can't identify this fish.

Chat about your oddballs here

Can't identify this fish.

Postby Big Den » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:46 pm

I bought this fish because it looks mean. I thought it was a Charax of some type, but I am not sure. It has a good set of teeth and a large mouth, Charax are supposed to be harmless. Have a look at the pictures,see what you think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Den

Re: Can't identify this fish.

Postby Anita » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Den, you have some scary fish m8 :scare:
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Big Den » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:16 pm

:lolflag Yeah I know, that fascinate me though.
Big Den

Postby NightwishRaven999 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Lol ! Anita took those words out of my mouth.
I cant help much, but I have noticed all your fish have these sharp teeth protruding from their mouths...
Scary indeed :lolflag
NightwishRaven999

Postby Anita » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Is this it Lambari-transparente (Charax stenopterus)
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... s%3Disch:1
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby vinboy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:07 pm

:wtf: i would not like to do your water changes.
vinboy

Postby Big Den » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:24 am

Big Den

Postby Anita » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 am

Actually Den it's quite difficult to get a definite name for the fish - wherever you look it says differently.
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Big Den » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:34 am

Yeah I did notice that, but I see mine from all different angles and moods. Its colour changes, shoulder blotch goes, as in the picture, then comes back again. The Taiwan site has a few pictures showing all the different colours. http://deepmysterious.blogspot.com/2009 ... bosus.html
Big Den

Postby POS_miniracer » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:44 pm

That fish reminds me of an old Chrysler in that it's just ugly enough to be kind of cool looking at the same time.
POS_miniracer

Next

Return to Oddballs