[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Dwarf Bumblebee Puffer
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Dwarf Bumblebee Puffer

Chat about your oddballs here

Dwarf Bumblebee Puffer

Postby fishnovice » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:59 pm

I saw these little cute puffers in my local pet store and am thinking about getting one. Any advice? I haven't purchased anything for it yet. I did a little research online and it said they need to be kept alone, which is not a problem. I also read they only need a 3gal tank. If that's all they need, I've got the perfect place for one. I plan on doing a fishless cycle on the tank before I purchase my puffer. I also read they need a snail a day for their beak. Are leopard snails good for that? If so, mine breed like mad. Funny thing is, I only bought one snail and it's not even the same kind. Anyone have any pointers/advice for keeping a dwarf bumblebee puffer? I don't want to make the same mistake I did when I purchased my senegal bichir. (he was an impulse buy :blus: ) This forum has helped me so much and any information you give is greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.
fishnovice

Re: Dwarf Bumblebee Puffer

Postby Jack Middleton » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:33 pm

You can keep them together, it's just that they need quite a bit of space per fish, also I'd give a single Puffer 5 Gallons minimum, +3 Gallons for each additional puffer, just ensure that there are plenty of plants and d├ęcor to break lines of site. Leopard snails? Not sure which species your refer to but all pond snails will be fine, just let them breed in the tank. Feed Bloodworm, Blackworm, Brine Shrimp, Daphnia and Shrimplets. Heat to about 24-26oC and ensure the tank is well filtered. Also you might want to invest in a feeding cone to prevent too much waste going into the tank.
Jack Middleton

Postby Mick » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am

Nothing to add to that, I think Jack has well covered the main pointers :-):

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby malakye » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Like Jack said 5 gallon would be the very minimum I would recommend as puffers are messy fish and do need space.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fishnovice » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:02 am

Thanks guys for the info. I will post something when I get it up and running.
fishnovice

Return to Oddballs