[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - would this monster fish combo work?
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

would this monster fish combo work?

Chat about your oddballs here

would this monster fish combo work?

Postby amozo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Hey guys, im new to these forums and first off liked to say hello to everyone! Currently i have a 150 gallon growout for my baby monsters im going to purchase (working on building an indoor pond which should be complete this spring). Anyways in the 150 i have a ph of 7.0, temp of 76-78f, great filtration, low lighting and a fine sand for a substrate with a few artificial plants here and there. Currently i have a 7 or 8 inch silver arowana in the aquarium with a 2 inch feather fin upside down catfish (surprisingly hasn't been eaten). Heres what im wanting to add to the aquarium: 1 6 inch african spotted lungfish and two aba aba knife fish at 3 inches.

I am well aware of the potential size of these fish and can most certainly provide room for them, this current tank will only be their home for a few months. Right now for food i have floating arowana sticks and sinking carnivore pellets by hikari with frozen krill and earth worms. Anything else i need to get these guys? Should i add more hiding spots? Any special advice from those who have kept these fish?

Thanks in advance! :)
amozo

Re: would this monster fish combo work?

Postby Mick » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:41 am

From what little I know the aba require lots of plants and can pack a vicious bite when mature

and welcome to the forum :thu:

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby malakye » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Sounds like a fantastic project and I would love to see pictures of it. Arowana are stunning would love to see some pictures of that.
Having never kept those fish I am not the best to help you but I would be extremely wary of adding two aba aba with the other fish, they are extremely aggressive and are best kept on their own, reaching a mature size of 5.5ft they are true monster fish and your pond would have to be massive to hold 2 of them.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fishlover10 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:34 pm

150gallons.......wow, what are the dimentions of it?
fishlover10

Postby superdart » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:11 am

If it has fin's and swim's I'm interested in it....
superdart
Donator
Donator

Postby amozo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:24 am

please see the new topic i just posted, disaster struck!
amozo

Return to Oddballs