[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Myleus Sp Lamax III
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Myleus Sp Lamax III

Chat about your oddballs here

Myleus Sp Lamax III

Postby RamireziKeeper108 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm

I was out looking for some nice centerpiece fish similar to silver dollars but more colourful, and I went into a rare fish shop, found the perfect fish and thought they were called "Fire Reds" that were £25 each. So I asked the guy if I could have some and he said, "Oh these arent fire reds, these are extremely rare and there are only 30 left in the WORLD! They are £350 each." Is this really true? It would be a real shame if it was... :cry:
P.S. I think they are also called blackberry silver dollar/tetra.
RamireziKeeper108

Re: Myleus Sp Lamax III

Postby Mick » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:33 am

but if there were only 30 left in the world why would a shop be selling them, surely they would be under a funded breeding programme

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby malakye » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm

That was my thought too Mick. Rather than selling them individually they should be concentrating on breeding and safe guarding their future.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RamireziKeeper108 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 pm

I don't know, I would of thought that they would have done that too, but I guess its all about profit... :dev: This is a link to the selling page - https://www.rareaquatics.co.uk/shop/art ... id%3D83%26
I think that it is disgusting that they are taking advantage of the fact of how rare they are! :cry:
RamireziKeeper108

Postby Big Den » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 am

I think they refer to how many they have, not what's left in the world, lovely looking fish but too pricey for me.
Big Den

Return to Oddballs