[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - caring for special needs fish
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

caring for special needs fish

Chat about anything freshwater fish related here.

caring for special needs fish

Postby konstargirl » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi guys I have a question. Now this is isn't relating to my betta( Who is half blind) needing care or anything, but what do you do if you accouter a special needs fish( Blind etc.)? What I mean is if you see one of these little fish, would you take them in or do you think they will probably need the same medical attention as to other special needs animals?

For me if I accouter a special needs fish, I will try to do everything I can to save his or her life .. I don't know if anybody hear stories on fish going to the vet because of that and not just litlte stuff like if a fish has fin rot or something. I mean like if the fish REALLY needs to see one.

Thanks.
[color="#A0522D"]^[/color]
konstargirl

Re: caring for special needs fish

Postby Mick » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:11 am

I have a soft spot for fish like that and would certainly take them in, I probably wouldn't be able to cure a severely afflicted fish but I could make sure that the rest of its life was passed with care and attention.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Big Den » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 am

I have a common goldfish in my pond that was born blind around 4 years ago. It gets on fine and is the same size as it's siblings, bit comical watching it feed as it gulps at the surface, makes me want to direct the food toward it, but it manages okay.
Big Den

Postby mucklelass » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:38 pm

mucklelass
Donator
Donator

Postby malakye » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:31 pm

I had a black moor who had both his eyes bitten out, I kept him on his own in a bare tank for fear he would hurt himself for 3 years then once the tank developed a leak he had to go in with others, he initially went around the tank bumping into everything but after 2 laps he managed great and never banged himself on anything unless I moved something. He was one of the first at the surface when it came to feeding knowing I would hand feed him even though he was more than capable of holding his own with the other fish.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby konstargirl » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:10 pm

How awesome these stories are.. ><
[color="#A0522D"]^[/color]
konstargirl

Return to Freshwater Chat