[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - What fish should I get in a tank of 60L
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

What fish should I get in a tank of 60L

Chat about anything freshwater fish related here.

What fish should I get in a tank of 60L

Postby Mrmroh » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm

They need to be easy to maintain and friendly
Mrmroh

Re: What fish should I get in a tank of 60L

Postby Mick » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Why not try some livebearers such as platies or even Guppies?

Welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!!!

Follow us on facebook-Fishtankforum Ftf or twitter-fishtankforum!!
Mick

Postby Blowfish » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Its about keeping water not fish so invest in a couple of test kits before you add fish!.The main 2 are nitrite(no2) and Ph(acid/alkaline) these are the 2 things that effect fish the hardest especially in new set ups....
Whatever fish you go for dont add too many to begin with...e.g. 6 neons..to start. For the first 3 -4 weeks try and manage to change 10-20% of the aquarium water daily or at least every 2 days and check nitrite No2 levels daily if they get higher change more water......the reason for this is when you add the fish to the tank they are the first to be doing the toilet in there and there is no or very little bacteria in your filter that will break down the fish waste ,so in the first few weeks you have to be the filter or at least help!...you can also add bacteria supplements like cycle after each water change........so you are removing some toxic water ,adding fresh water and good bacteria , this will all help to get you a mature aquarium i.e. enough bacteria in the filter to cope with the waste load of fish in the tank! NEVER wash your filter media in tap water ..aqlways in some water from the tank and never too clean just get the worst of the muck off,this will keep a good bacteria population in the filter to deal with the fish waste!! When your No2 levels are testing 0(normally 3-5 weeks) you are ready for more fish and your tank will be stable.when this happens your tank has matured and you can add a few fish each week so as not too quickly overload the filter :ok:
Anyhoo.... do you have any pref to the fish you like?? :-):
Keep good water = Keep good fish!!
Blowfish

Postby Blowfish » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:29 pm

I love rummynose tetra,harlequins,cardinals,lemon tetra,rosy tetra,bleeding heart tetra,emperor tetra.......blue rams,apistogrammas,honey gouramis,corydoras,clown plecos, ancistrus, sparkling/croaking gouramis,threadfin rainbows.....check out some of these on google image....see what you like....there is plenty more these are a few of my faves :thu:
Blowfish

Postby malakye » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Blowfish covered cycling a tank using fish but there is another way which many prefer which is called fishless cycles, you can read about that in the beginners section.
Blowfish has given you some of my favourite fish for small tank with the threadfins, gourami, blue rams and tetras. Another nice one is blue tetra.
A nice shoal of neons, some corydoras, a bristlenose plec, some guppies,platies and/or mollies, would be a nice mix if your just starting out. Mollies, guppies and platies are all live bearers so you will have the added enjoyment of some baby fish to look forward too as well.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blowfish » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Fishless cycle would be best... :thu: as you aint gonna risk your first fishys!! check it out ! :ok:
Blowfish

Return to Freshwater Chat