[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Just an update
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Just an update

Chat about anything freshwater fish related here.

Just an update

Postby Big Den » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:46 am

Hi all, been a while but thought I would post an update on what I've been up to. I have, and it's ongoing, closed down a few tanks. I recently bought 10 snakehead fry from a member of another forum and they are growing very fast. I have these in a 6x2x2 but I intend to close that tank down and move them to a 5x2x2 when I sell some of the fish that are in there. I have 12 Exodon paradoxus (bucktooth tetra) in a 4x2x2 and am in the process of selling those so that I can close that tank down. I still have my fully planted 6 foot tank going with just guppies, bristlenose and shrimp in, I like this tank and am trying to build up the guppy stock, very poor at the moment so may have to introduce some fresh females.
planted tank.jpg
The reason for closing down tanks is that I want to make more room in my garage for some woodworking projects that I have in mind. I will always keep the 4 tanks in my office, the planted one as shown, 2 60 litre and my 8x2x2 red belly piranha tank.
More updates soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Den

Re: Just an update

Postby malakye » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:41 pm

I am glad you have not closed all your tanks down Den, you have some stunning fish. I was never a fan of snakeheads but your piranhas have always fascinated me, they are gorgeous fish.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Anita » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Good to see you around Den.
Why are you selling the Exodon paradoxus, they look pretty fish? Can't they go in with something else?
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby Big Den » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:15 pm

I had 100 to start with, quite a few were eaten by their tank mates, some jumped out the tank and some I sold. They seemed to have settled now at 12 fish. No, nothing will live with them they nip at scales and terrorise other fish to death. I have a few plants in their tank so that they can hide to catch their breath, lol.
Big Den

Postby Anita » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:53 pm

Right, best move them on then :cool
Marley Image Be young, be foolish, but be happy...The Tams-1965 Image
Anita
Donator
Donator

Postby POS_miniracer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:04 pm

Hi Den. Good to see you.
I've been doing some downsizing myself over the last year or so.
I had it down to one tank for about 5 minutes but am back up to two. One for me and one for my better half.
POS_miniracer

Postby Graeme » Wed May 14, 2014 8:40 am

Hello Den

How are your Snakeheads doing? I was just reading about them, they sound awesome! Best make sure that no small animals get into the garage!
Graeme
Donator
Donator

Postby Big Den » Wed May 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi Graeme, these are the smaller type, don't get no bigger than 8 inches, it's a mouth brooder Channa harcourtbutleri. The biggest one I have at the moment is about 5 inches, I have 8 left out of the 10 I started with, they have a habit of getting out of the tank for some reason.
Big Den

Postby Graeme » Wed May 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Graeme
Donator
Donator

Return to Freshwater Chat