[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4738: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4740: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4741: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4742: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Fish Tank Forum • View topic - Help new tank looks scratched
Close

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

FAQ Login

AquaRank.com
The Fish Tank Forum is no longer allowing posting of any kind or new members to register.
All visitors can still join the group discussion which has been moved to Facebook.
Fish Tank Forum will be remaining here for reference purposes only.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who took part in the forum over the years and I hope to see you all on our Facebook group.

Help new tank looks scratched

Chat about anything freshwater fish related here.

Help new tank looks scratched

Postby greenhouse » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:06 pm

HI
I just got a new tank delivered 75 litres and came with most things. Dont know if its glass or what but online i read its fibre glass but its not what i would say fibre glass looks like anyway. front and back have see through lines all over the place. when i rub the tank they go away then in seconds they return. i just put water in there and i see all these lines..
Will they go away once tank heats up?
Can i get rid of these lines?
i would post pics but dont know how on this forum. :sos:
greenhouse

Re: Help new tank looks scratched

Postby malakye » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:15 pm

It is not normally fibre glass in an aquarium, so not really sure what is going on. If you read this section
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=422 it will tell you how to post pictures as they will definitely help.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby greenhouse » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:34 pm

can you see the lines?
greenhouse

Postby malakye » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:55 pm

is it a glass or acyrlic tank? I think it could be just where they have wrapped the tank for transit, the cling film stuff they use can leave a charge which holds bubbles. Once the temperature is up give it a wipe and it should be ok.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby greenhouse » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:12 pm

yes you were right it went away after a while with the heater and filter in there. thanks you
greenhouse

Postby malakye » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:47 am

Your welcome, stick around and start a journal on how you set the tank up and what fish you plan to add, we love seeing new tanks take shape.
malakye
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby POS_miniracer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:12 pm

POS_miniracer

Return to Freshwater Chat